The Queen Of Herbs- Top 5 Health Benefits Of Holy Basil
In our modern society, we tend overwork, overschool and overthink ourselves into a tired stressed-out mess. Well, today is your lucky day. There’s a holy and revered herb that might be just for you!
Everything that’s used to grow the plant also holds high esteem, from the pot, the soil and to the water. The wood of the plant is even made into special prayer beads called Malas. There are actually several different varieties of Tulsi all used for the same purpose. Being as it has been used for thousands of years, there must be something to this plant!
Here is top 5 health benefits of holy basil:
1. Stress Relief- Holy basil contains adaptogenic compounds that are being studied for reducing the damaging effects of stress. These compounds help your body lessen the effects that stress can have. Herbs like this are beneficial for people who have acute/chronic stress, exposure to environmental toxins and traumas of all kinds. These types of herbs are known as Adaptogens. Adaptogens are herbs that help you adapt to stress.
2. Immune Support- Stress can play a big role in how the immune system functions. The more stressed the body is the more likely it is to become imbalanced. Since this herb helps with adapting to stress, it also contains phyto-chemicals that aid in supporting a healthy immune system, keeping your body strong against colds, flus, virus’ and bacteria.
3. Respiratory Support-This herb is also a well-known as a respiratory lung tonic. As an expectorant, it can help remove phlegm and obstructions from the lungs and throat. Tulsi shows promise in helping remove congestion due to the presence of essential oils eugenol, cineole and methyl chavicol.
4. Nervousness- Amazingly enough holy basil has a relaxing effect on the body and the mind! It can help people address nervous tension, agitation and even unhealthy sleeping patterns. It has no addictive qualities while also aiding in reducing nervous-related imbalances.
5. Dreaming- A little known secret in the herbal world is that holy basil can be used to enhance your natural ability to have lucid dreams. A great help for deep uninterrupted sleep. Which is perfect for the best dreaming. It has also been known to help people deal with recurring nightmares and night terrors. The happiest, healthiest people are those who sleep well!
Among other dream aspects, this herb is used to improve the health of your THIRD EYE! Whether you believe you have one or not. It's a metaphor or intention for cultivating your visionary capabilities, creativity, clairvoyance and Insight!
Now that you know about the queen of herbs, it's time to put her to good use and I hope you've enjoyed this valuable information!
Thank you all so much for caring about yourselves, these plants, your environment and your communities. We appreciate the support, excitement and friendliness from all of you.
The Dream Catcher Team
Disclaimer~ This post’s information is not approved by the FDA to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any diseases. The information presented in this post is provided for informational purposes only.
Copyright Disclaimer- This article is owned and published by Dream Catcher Botanicals LLC and is published here under intellectual and company property copyright. Any copies or reuse of our blog posts information or pictures in any way will be subject to legal action.